The Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) is a non-governmental and not for profit organisation established and registered with the Registrar of Societies in 1997. It is the brain child of the Ministry of Health (MOH) in partnership with the Association of Private Hospitals Malaysia (APHM) and Malaysian Medical Association (MMA).
The Malaysian Society for Quality in Health was established in 1997 with the vision of advocating, promoting, and supporting continuous quality improvements and safety in Malaysian healthcare arena. MSQH is recognized nationally and internationally as the leading Malaysian organization which promotes and improves safety and quality in the provision of healthcare services in Malaysia. Through active and smart partnerships with healthcare professionals, relevant facilities and agencies, and educational institutions involved in healthcare, MSQH has become the national voice in continuous quality improvement in healthcare facilities and services. In order to realize this vision, MSQH develops standards, plans and implements accreditation programmes, promotes safety and quality improvement in healthcare facilities, and organises opportunities for communication of ideas and exchange of experiences on current and best practices in health care. MSQH has also initiated the Patient for Patients Safety Movement to strengthen patients and family engagement in the delivery of healthcare services since 2014.
The internationally recognised accreditation organisation for the promotion and improvement of quality and safety in healthcare.
Advocating, educating and monitoring continuous quality improvement and patient safety in healthcare.
- Education, Training and Consultation in Safety and Quality Improvement for health care facilities and services.
- Development of Standards for health care facilities and services.
- Survey / Certification of health care facilities and services
- Exhibition, Workshop / Seminar & Conference on Accreditation, Safety and Quality in health care
- Conduct a voluntary quality accreditation program for Malaysian health care organisations.
- Develop and continually review health care standards in consultation with the industry and professional bodies. Conduct education programs.
- Advice and consult on health care quality improvement. Publish resource materials for accreditation.
- Offer information services on quality in health care.
- Advocate and facilitate continuous improvement of quality and safety in the provision of health services, including standards development, education, performance assessment and accreditation.
- Develop and strengthen collaboration and partnership with stakeholders and accreditation organisation.
- Undertake and promote research into quality and safety in healthcare.
- Promote best practices and dissemination of information in relation to quality and safety in healthcare.
- Ensure the organisation's financial sustainability, growth and recognition.