MSQH - WHO ARE WE?
Malaysian Society for Quality in Health
MSQH is a non government and non profit organisation established and registered with Registrar of Societies in 1997. It is the brain child of the Ministry of Health (MOH) in partnership with Association of Private Hospitals Malaysia (APHM) and Malaysian Medical Association (MMA).
The MSQH, which is responsible for the development and application of Malaysian Healthcare Accreditation Standards, established to promote and encourage, by voluntary means, the best possible quality of healthcare facilities and services and its efficient provision in the Malaysian healthcare industry.
Malaysian Hospital Accreditation Program.
MSQH conducts the Malaysian Healthcare Accreditation Programme which combines on-site surveys with educative activities and enables assessment of the quality, safety and utilisation of services, culminating in the award of accreditation status. By voluntarily seeking Accreditation, a healthcare facility demonstrates its willingness to have its performance assessed by a team of practicing healthcare professionals, after a period of reiterative internal self assessment. An essential characteristic in Accreditation is self-evaluation, continuous quality improvement and validation by peers.
WHY MSQH ACCREDITATION?
The MSQH Hospital Accreditation Process benefits your organisation through/by:
- Helping your organisation to comply with existing National Laws, Regulations and Statutory Requirements.
- Compliance to Licensing requirement (especially for Private hospitals)
- Conforming to existing national standards for hospital which requires a team approach, thus promoting team building
- Creating an educational culture towards achieving a learning organisation
- Identifying risk in a systematic manner and enabling risk management within the organisation, thus enhancing staff and patient safety.
- Internalising and Institutionalising a culture of Continuous Improvement in Quality and Safety in the Organisation.
- Validation and certification of the Quality and Safety of Patient Care
- Strengthening community trust and public confidence. Being certified is evidence to patients and the community that your organisation is committed to providing Quality and Safe Healthcare Services.
- Establishing organisational credibility builds up staff morale and stakeholder confidence towards the hospital.