The Malaysian Society for Quality in Health or better known as MSQH is a professional not-for-profit organization registered under the Registrar of Society (ROS) in 17th October 1997. It was the brainchild of the Ministry of Health Malaysia in collaboration with the Association of Private Hospitals of Malaysia and the Malaysian Medical Association.
MSQH is dedicated to improving the quality of the nation’s health care through voluntary accreditation. The Malaysian Hospital Accreditation Standards are intended to stimulate continuous, systematic improvement in an organization's performance and the outcomes of care.
MSQH has successfully signed a Memorandum of understanding on 19th November 2009 with STANDARDS MALAYSIA where MSQH is recognised as the sole accreditation body and standards within organisation for further health care facilities and services in Malaysia.
MSQH is also recognised by the Ministry of Health Malaysia as the national accreditation body for health care facilities and services.
MSQH is awarded the ISQua Accreditation certification on Standards and Organisation for the second cycle from July 2012 to May 2016.
- Education, Training and Consultation in Safety and Quality Improvement for health care facilities and services.
- Development of Standards for health care facilities and services.
- Survey / Certification of health care facilities and services
- Exhibition, Workshop / Seminar & Conference on Accreditation, Safety and Quality in health care
- Conduct a voluntary quality accreditation program for Malaysian health care organisations.
- Develop and continually review health care standards in consultation with the industry and professional bodies.
Conduct education programs.
- Advice and consult on health care quality improvement.
Publish resource materials for accreditation.
- Offer information services on quality in health care.
- Advocate and facilitate continuous improvement of quality and safety in the provision of health services, including standards development, education, performance assessment, and accreditation.
- Develop and strengthen collaboration and partnership with stakeholders.
- Recognised as a significant contributor to research into quality and safety in health care.
- Promote and publish information and provide education in relation to quality and safety of healthcare.
- Continuously improve an internal system that enables goals to be efficiently and effectively achieved.