- 24 Jul
- Hits: 2161
Patients for Patient Safety Malaysia Declaration
We the participants of the inaugural Malaysian Patients for Patient Safety Workshop convened in September 2013 will share the profound healthcare experiences in our lives and take forward our call to action to improve patient safety in Malaysia.
We are patients, family members, carers and health professionals - people from all walks of life. Each of us is a testament to the personal experience of unintended harm healthcare and its continuing impact. Much of that harm was preventable.
- We, Patients for Patient Safety Malaysia are committed to the right to safe healthcare. We expect honesty, openness and transparency.
- Patient safety is a basic human right. We will make the reduction of healthcare patient safety incidents a priority to improve the quality of healthcare. When harmed, patients and their caregivers have the right to timely apology, explanation, redress and other remedies meaningful to them.
- Our trusted healthcare providers must recognize that we, your patients and our families are an invaluable asset and resource for improving patient safety. We offer our stories and experiences. Seek to learn from our hard won wisdom and partner with us to make lasting improvement.
- We, have collective responsibility for our healthcare systems and we ask everyone in the community, including healthcare providers and the Government to join us in making the right to safe healthcare a priority for all people at all times.
- We, Patients for Patient Safety Malaysia will be the voice for all people, especially those who are now unheard. Together as partners, we will collaborate in:
- Devising and promoting programs for patient safety, patient empowerment and patient engagement;
- Developing and driving a constructive dialogue with all partners concerned with patient safety;
- Establishing systems for reporting and dealing with patient safety incidents;
- Identifying best practices inpatient safety and promoting those best practices.
This Declaration is our calling. We the Patient for Patient Safety Malaysia invite you to join us and advance patient safety for everyone.
“This is our pledge of partnership”
(Putrajaya, Malaysia 29th April 2014)