The Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH) is managed by Committee Members consisting of the Office Bearers (President, Deputy President, Secretary and Treasurer), three Vice Presidents (effective 2004) who are nominated representatives from the Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH), Association of Private Hospitals Malaysia (APHM) and the Malaysian Medical Association (MMA), three Ordinary Members and an Ex-Officio member from the Department of Standards Malaysia (STANDARDS MALAYSIA) (effective 2009).
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is conducted yearly and every 2 years the voting of office bearers is carried out. Since the formation of the first board in 1998, there has been no major reshuffling of members. This allows for continuity of policies and uninterruption of Accreditation activities.
Committee Members have an obligation to act in the best interest of the Society, to act with due care in discharging their duties as Office Bearers, to declare and avoid conflicts of interests with the Society.
Among the functions of the Committee Members are :
- Retains full and effective control of the Society;
- Monitors and evaluates the implementation of strategies, policies and management performance;
- Sets criteria and approves business plans and budgets;
- Has unrestricted right of access to all company information, records, documents and property;
- Ensures a process exists to identify key business risk areas.