The MSQH may accredit any healthcare facility or service as defined by The Private Healthcare Facilities and Services Act 1998, which defines healthcare facility as any premises in which one or more member of the public receive healthcare services. Similar healthcare services in the public sector are also eligible to be surveyed and accredited.
Healthcare services include:
- Medical, dental, nursing, midwifery, allied health, pharmacy, and ambulance services and any other services provided by a healthcare professional;
- Accommodation for the purpose of any of the above services;
- Any service for the screening, diagnosis, or treatment of persons suffering from any disease, injury or disability of mind or body;
- Any service for preventive or promotive health care purposes;
- Any service provided by any healthcare para-professional;
- Any service for curing or alleviating any abnormal condition of the human body by the application of any kind of medical technology
To be eligible for an accreditation survey by MSQH, a healthcare organisation shall:
- Be a member of MSQH;
- Be a healthcare facility in operation for a minimum of 12 months, either in the public or private sector; any new services to be included in the survey shall be in operation for a minimum of at least 6 months before the survey date;
- Be a provider of services for which the MSQH have applicable Accreditation Standards [MSQH will not survey the Traditional and Complimentary Medicine (TCM) Services.]
- Have a current and valid "license" as required by the Ministry of Health and any other relevant regulating body;
- Ensure the availability of all services necessary to fulfill the organisation's mission and objectives. (These services may be provided on site, or may be provided off-site by partnerships with acceptable community or regional resources);
- Complete and return a "Survey Application Form" to MSQH. The application must be signed by the Person-In-Charge (PIC) of the Hospital or an equivalent person with overall authority and responsibility for the healthcare facility.